IMC's task is to foster research and education in intellectual property law, marketing law and competition law.
This is achieved by
- taking initiatives to lead and organise research projects,
- promoting the publication of scientific journals and other types of publications,
- organising scientific lectures, seminars, symposia and other similar qualified tuition,
- co-operating nationally and internationally with other education establishments, institutions, organisations and authorities,
- maintaining and developing a specialist library.